Fat Girl Confessional

>> Sunday, May 30, 2010

Weigh-in results this week - I'm down 4.5 pounds! Yeah!!! I'm definitely feeling good and starting to see some results, however small they may be right now. It's really encouraging to see the positive energy that all of my fellow contestants have as well. Having teammates really helps hold us all accountable.

One other thing that has helped hold me accountable is keeping a daily food journal. It's pretty depressing to write down "half a box of Oreo cookies", so it motivates me to not eat those Oreo cookies in the first place. Here's one of my daily entries (granted, this is one of my better eating days!):

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with shredded cheese on top, 1 cup of Special K, 1 cup of skim milk
Snack: 1 cup of cottage cheese, water
Lunch: Flat-out wrap (they sell these at HyVee and they're AWESOME and low-calorie!) with deli turkey, alfalfa sprouts, onions, tomatoes, and green peppers; 1 cup of strawberries; water
Snack: 1 container of strawberry Greek Yogurt (made by Yoplait and sold at most major grocers), water
Dinner: 6 oz of grilled salmon, steamed veggies (broccoli, snap peas, carrots, baby corn), Diet Pepsi
Snack: 1 bag of 100-calorie SmartPop Orville Redenbacher popcorn, Diet Pepsi

It takes some planning ahead, but as you can see, none of the items on this list would take a ton of time to prepare. Check in next week to read about another way I save time, money, and calories: weekly meal planning!

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP