Bride Blogger Kayley: The Dress is Here!

>> Thursday, May 6, 2010

It’s here! It’s here! My dress is finally here!!!

Yesterday afternoon, I waited impatiently at work until the clock struck 2:45PM. Time to go to my first dress fitting! I waited impatiently at every light, tried not to curse at the maniac Houston drivers (I thought this might lead to bad dress karma.), did curse when a lady in her Land Rover cut me off (I drive a Focus, don’t hate mean rich lady!), but arrived on time to the bridal boutique.

Hello Winnie Couture! It’s been since January since I gazed up at your crystal chandeliers and stared longingly row upon row at the white poofs of wedding dresses. Don’t you just want to fall into these?! Or is that just me?

(Please excuse my picture taking ability. I have a condition that causes my hands to shake. All. The. Time.)

Jennifer, the manager, led me back to the dressing rooms and asked me to wait as she looked for my gown. My gown, oh how I love thee. It’s simplicity but dramatic train are breath taking. No lace, no beads, just perfectly tailored rouching and a sprinkling of buttons down the back are all it needs.

Because my fiancé never reads this blog (he prefers my Army one instead), I think it’s perfectly safe to post this. Plus, I can’t resist not showing my dress off. She deserves it! She was made from scratch with my measurements and my changes to the sample (different color and fabric with added buttons and no sash).

I could nit pick about how my shoulders look huge (thank you Army) or how I feel I could stand to lose a few pounds but the dress itself is absolutely fabulous. I love everything about it! I love how when I look at it, I remember the moment I first tried it on and how my mom, bless her heart, cried. And what I love the most is that this is the gown I will be wearing as I walk down the aisle in 16 days.
-Kayley

2 comments:

Anonymous May 6, 2010 at 3:00 PM  

You look beautiful Kayley!

Anonymous May 7, 2010 at 8:59 AM  

That is a stunning dress, Kayley!

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP