Fat Girl Confessional

>> Sunday, May 2, 2010

Well, I'm two weeks in to my own personal hell, and so far so good. I've been working out 5 days a week (which is quite an accomplishment considering my previous average was 0) and eating super-healthy. I'm trying not to count calories because I know that can just set me up for failure. I'm simply eating when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm full, and I've stocked only healthy things in our refrigerator. If my husband were here, he would tell you how much he LOVES the new fat-free popcorn ( it tastes like cardboard) compared to our old Movie Theatre Butter style!

Yes, it is very difficult - especially the eating part. The working out (to be honest) sucks when I'm doing it, but I feel great afterwards so it's worth it. It's only a small part of my day and I can move on to something else when I'm done. However, the eating is definitely not easy, because it's something I face over and over again every day, and I'm the first to admit that I'm quite the sugar addict. Replacing Dr. Pepper with water was pretty painful, as was getting rid of snacks like chips and crackers and choosing raw veggies and cottage cheese instead.

However, when we went to our first Wealth for My Health group meeting, Dr. Alex Leonida pointed out something that really resonated with me: "You'll never feel guilty after eating something healthy." How many times have we all felt guilty after pigging out on ice cream or pizza? I feel ten times lighter and better after I chow down on cherry tomatoes (which isn't a terrible sacrifice, because I love them). I need to stop and consider how I'll feel after eating something before I eat it.

It is becoming very clear to me how much I used food as a crutch without even realizing it. When I take away that crutch and eat only to nourish my body, I'm forced to find other ways to occupy my mind and emotions - which means my kids are getting a lot more attention and I'm getting a lot more reading done.

I haven't seen any major weight results yet, but I know that will come with time. I just need to have the patience to stick with it. Are there any brides out there in the same boat as me? If so, let me know! I'd love to hear your stories!

2 comments:

Courtney May 2, 2010 at 3:34 PM  

Good for you Holly!! You are so right about thinking about how the food will make you feel before you eat it! Keep pressing on!

Anonymous May 7, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

I completely agree! This is a great article! Thanks!!

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP