Fat Girl Confessional

>> Sunday, May 16, 2010

Here's a summary of my week:

Monday afternoon: Waaa. I don't want to go to boot camp today. I'm stuck at work all day. Sorry, I meant to say I am BLESSED to go to my wonderful job today! (No, seriously, I do love my job. And I'm not just saying that because my bosses are probably reading this.) I want to see my kids (funny how when I don't see them all day, I think of them as little angels, but when I'm home with them all day, I'm ready to tear my hair out by noon). I feel lazy and tired. How long is it going to take to lose some weight already???

Monday evening: I sucked it up and went to boot camp and now I feel great! Time to get weighed in. What??? I gained ANOTHER pound? But wait...I actually lost an inch off my waist and half a percent of body fat!!!! Sweet! I'd much rather have lean muscle and be a little heavier than weigh less and be flabby.

Tuesday: Sore, sore, sore. But I'm going to work out anyway.

Wednesday: My generous bosses let me use the elliptical machine after work today. Gotta get in some cardio.

Thursday: One of my favorite "healthy" food finds: The Luna Bar. Heather at Body Overhall advises me that I should not use these for my ONLY snack (why would I do that? Because they taste like little bites of heaven?), but they're great in a pinch after working out. I particularly love the Iced Oatmeal Cookie and the Peanut Butter Cookie. They're made with organic ingredients and packed with tons of nutrients.

Friday: Another favorite healthy food find: alfalfa sprouts. I LOVE the Beach club at Jimmy John's, but it's not exactly a great weight-loss tool. However, I did take a page from their book and now I stick alfalfa sprouts in my lunchtime sandwiches (made with whole grain bread, deli turkey, tomatoes and onions). I feel like a rabbit eating this, but it tastes pretty good.

Saturday: I took Friday off from working out, so it's time to get my butt in gear again. I'm doing the Jillian Michael's 30-day shred DVD in some of my off-days (alternating with cardio per Heather's recommendations). I love it because it's only 20 minutes but it's an INTENSE workout. Can't find any fault with that!

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP