Bride Blogger Nicole

>> Thursday, July 15, 2010

Well, we had a very sucessful wedding planning weekend! Both of our parents were here on Sunday to taste test the food at HyVee, whom we were considering for catering. We tasted roast beef, chicken marsala, mashed potatoes (my favorite!), corn, and green bean casserole. The food was amazing - beyond my expectations (and a great price)! We are definitely going to use them for catering after tasting the food.

I highly recommend tasting the food before deciding on a caterer. I would also ask them if the food you are tasting is served to you fresh out of the oven, or if it's served to you the way it will be on the wedding day. Ours was served to us as it will be on the wedding day, which I think is important to know so you know what you'll be getting on your wedding day.

After the taste-testing, my mom, Ryan's mom and I went to David's Bridal to try more dresses on. I tried on probably 6 or 7 dresses, including the one that I loved last time. They had just got in some new ones so I tried a lot of those on as I mostly tried on the mermaid style (see sample photo to the right - this is an Alfred Angelo gown, which is available at J'Maries and Bridal Details), but I did try on a fuller skirted dress that was very pretty as well - just a little too casual for me.

Then I tried on one of the new ones and fell in love - it was just perfect! It's a mermaid style, but not too extreme, minimal beading, which I love, and a fun detail in the back. It just felt right! I've heard that when you put on "the" dress, you just know, and that was exactly right - I love it so much! So, my mom bought it and it should be in in October. I can hardly wait for it to come in!

That's all that happened this week in wedding world! :) Hope you all have a good week!
-Nicole

1 comments:

Rachel July 15, 2010 at 8:01 PM  

I love mermaid style gowns!

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP