Bride Blogger Nicole:

>> Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hey all! Since I have been engaged since October, I already have a lot of things planned, so I will backtrack and fill you all in! My original colors were going to be magenta, green, and then I was going to accent with deeper purples and reds. However, magenta is a hard color to find. It isn't a consistent shade - sometimes it's more purple, sometimes more pink, sometimes even almost a burgundy. So, after not finding the shade I wanted, I changed the color to purple. I think we are going to do all different shades of purple, throw some green in too, and maybe even some red to add depth. Here are some photos from The Knot that have inspired me.


I think one of the most important things in planning a wedding is to be flexible. You may have a picture in your head, but making it come to life is a different thing, and you may have to make some changes to your original plans. Not letting it totally stress you out is extremely important if you want to enjoy the process!

I have gone wedding dress shopping a few times. I found one in a magazine that I absolutely loved, so I called the nearest store that carried that designer. It was pricey, to say the least! So my mom, grandma and I went to some smaller shops in some small towns close to where I'm from, and there were a few I found that I really liked. Then, a few of my bridesmaids and I went to David's Bridal to look at bridesmaid's dresses. I wasn't planning on trying dresses on myself, but one caught my eye.

I tried it on and loved it! It's a mermaid style with rouching all the way down and no beading or sparkles, just simple and classic - exactly what I've been looking for! We also found a bridesmaid's dress that day that the girls loved and I loved. However, I got a call from David's Bridal a few weeks ago and the bridesmaid's dress we picked has been discontinued. Here again, it's important to be flexible! :) They did, however, get some new styles of bridesmaid and wedding dresses in stock. This Sunday I'm going back with my mom and my fiancé Ryan's mom to look and try some more dresses on. Hopefully I can make a decision. I'll let you know next week how it goes! Hope you all have a good week!
-Nicole

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP