Bride Blogger Nicole: The Flowers

>> Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hello all! Yesterday I met with Pam, who is the floral manager at HyVee, where we are getting our flowers. She is so nice and has excellent ideas! I'm not much of a green thumb, so I had no ideas, really, on what kind of flowers I wanted, or what would even look good as far as bouquets and boutonnieres. She just guided me right along. I really wanted full-head flowers in my bouquet so we are going with hydrengea, peonies, lilies, and full roses in different shades of purples, some white, and a little bit of deep red.

For centerpieces, my original idea was to have large arrangements on 10-12 of the tables in the Grand Manse. However, the large arrangements that I wanted were going to be around $100 a piece. Our budget didn't really allow for that, so we are going with smaller, purple floral arrangements on 10-12 of the tables , and then on the others, we are going to do floating candles with red petals scattered around them. Here's some photos from theknot.com that will give you an idea of what we're going to do.

I was hesitant about not doing large arrangements, but the more I thought about how much character and beauty the Grand Manse has on its own, the more I was okay with it. That is a huge benefit of having a room that you don't have to decorate from scratch! Now we have more money to spend on other things! :)
-Nicole

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP