Bride Blogger Nicole: The Photography

>> Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ryan and I got engaged on October 18th, and there was a bridal fair on October 25th, so of course we went! The second that ring went on my finger I started thinking about what I wanted my wedding to be like, what colors I wanted, who I wanted to be my bridesmaids, etc. (Honestly, I started thinking about it long before the ring went on my finger--like when I was 15 years old--but that's beside the point!) We walked around the bridal fair, gathering ideas, talking to vendors about options they offered, and registering for different drawings the vendors had going on.

A week or so later, I got a call from Townsend Photography telling me that we had won an engagement session with them. I was super excited--what a great thing to win! We scheduled an appointment and I began picking out our outfits for the day.

We met Brad Clark, the owner of Townsend Photography, at his studio and from there went to the Haymarket to begin taking pictures. I could have my picture taken all day long; Ryan, on the other hand, wasn't quite as comfortable and took a little coaching from Brad--but I think that's normal for guys!

Brad made us feel so at ease and took us to some really cool places. After shooting in the Haymarket, we went back to the studio, which is at Brad's house, and took some more pictures in his backyard and then some inside the studio.

We loved Brad so much, we booked him for our wedding and with the package we booked we get another engagement session. I can't wait to do it again! I think we are going to take them this winter when there's snow on the ground, and we will definitely be bringing our newest addition to the family (our puppy Brix) with us.

Here are a couple of the shots Brad took. It was so hard to pick which ones to get because they were all so good!

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP