Bride Blogger Nicole: The Music

>> Thursday, December 2, 2010

The music for our wedding is really important to both Ryan and I. At our church, St. Mark's United Methodist, there is a band called Creation that is amazing! They play at the contemporary service on Sunday's at 10:30 and Ryan and I always enjoy listening to them play. For the ceremony, we contacted the head of Creation, Tony Hillhouse, and he is getting together 2 other people and they are going to do our music. Here's a peek of one of their performances from YouTube.


For the attendant's walk down the aisle it was an easy choice for me. I have always loved Pachelbel's "Canon in D" and have always wanted that to play at my wedding. It's too fast for me to walk down the aisle to but it will be perfect for our groomsmen and bridesmaids.

I was having a hard time deciding what song to choose for me to walk down the aisle. I have never wanted to walk down the aisle to the traditional "Here Comes the Bride" song. I started listening to different songs on YouTube and I came across a song called "Bridal Cannon" and the first time I heard it I knew that was what I wanted. It's soft and romantic and really everything I wanted in a song!

For the unity candle song, again I wanted something more modern and not something I have heard at every wedding I've ever been to. Again on YouTube I found a song called "God Gave Me You" by Dave Barnes, and it really took my breath away. It made me cry and I just loved it! It couldn't have been more perfect for Ryan and I.

I think the music is so personal and touching and I am so glad we were able to find songs that really fit us and our relationship and will mean something to us as they are playing at our wedding!

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP