Bride Blogger Nicole: Dress Doubts

>> Thursday, December 9, 2010

Almost all of my bridesmaids have ordered their dresses. I wanted to have the girls order them by the end of November/early December, because I wasn't sure how long it would take them to come in. I wanted them to have plenty of time to get alterations done, if needed. I remembered how fast my dress came in, but I wasn't sure if it would be the same with their dresses. Well, the first bridesmaid ordered her dress a couple weeks ago and her dress has already arrived! Here's a photo of the dress (except it will be in dark purple).
When my first bridesmaid, Sara, went in to order her dress, I saw another wedding dress that caught my eye. :)

It was completely different than the dress that I already have. It was A-line and flowy, and had no beading or sparkle to it at all. It was strapless and there was a little rouching on top, very simple and pretty. I have been looking at the picture I have of me in my dress, and it was draping a little funny, so I've been having some doubts. I've also been wondering if I would rather have a more traditional dress. I knew the store had an exchange policy for equal amount of what my dress cost, so I tried it on.

I liked it a lot, but it didn't have any wow factor like my other dress does. Then, the sales associate that was helping me asked if my dress had been altered at all, and I said that it has been. She then said that my dress wouldn't be able to be exchanged. However, they said to make another appointment with alterations so they could make my dress perfect for me!

I am glad I couldn't exchange my dress. I think I would have regretted doing so, but it's hard not to look at other dresses and wonder if you would like them better, especially when I got my dress so far in advance of my wedding. But, my alterations appointment is Friday, so I think putting it on again will make me fall in love with it all over again and I'll be secure in my decision. At least I hope so! :)

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP