Marriage Advice

>> Sunday, August 1, 2010

Here's my advice (from a self-professed "fat-girl", married mother of 2, with 2 dogs as well): I am super anal and I hate to have anything out of place. But I try to remind myself that there are so many more important things than a clean kitchen.

It's so easy to get frustrated with a fiance/husband who doesn't pick up after himself. Take it from one who's been there: As irritating as those things might be (and as important as it is for your man to respect you and pick up after himself), you will not care about those things in the long run. Love him for who he is, slob or not, and appreciate the effort he makes for you. If his messiness really drives you crazy and he's not making an effort, STOP PICKING UP! It's common sense. Trust me, it worked with my 3-year-old. He will clean up if you aren't enabling him. It's caveman mentality.

Most importantly, love him and have a servant attitude towards him. It may sound dated and sexist, but if you have a loving and generous heart towards your husband, it will pay off in dividends.

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP