Bride Blogger Amanda: Hair & Makeup

>> Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Thirty-three days! I feel like a broken record, but I can’t believe how fast the time is flying by. Our big day will be here in no time.

Since I’m fairly confident in my ability to do my own make-up on the day of the wedding, I decided not to pay someone to do it for me. Instead, I went to Sephora for a make-up consultation to get a “wedding look” and learn about the best products to get the kind of look I wanted, which was pretty natural, maybe playing up my eyes.

So rather than paying for someone’s services, I’m paying for the products I want and can use again, and I’ll just put them on myself the day of. And Courtney at Sephora was great at explaining what she was doing and which things she was using. I went with a blush and foundation as well as an eye make-up kit that included mascara with primer, three eye shadows and eye lid primer, eye liner and a brush to put it all on. I’d highly recommend this avenue for wedding day makeup!

I decided to go with a sleek updo for my hair, similar to this example from the knot. I’ve elected not to have a veil, mainly because they are a bit expensive and only worn for a brief period of time. A friend of mine offered to let me use her beautiful chapel-length veil, but I still decided I would rather have a fun hair piece than a veil. Borrowing a veil from a friend is a good way to save money, though, so if you want a veil but don’t want to spend a lot of money on a piece of netting you’ll only wear briefly, just ask a friend! You can also get a simple one made for less than you can buy one. These days, I’ve heard about half of brides decide not to wear a veil.

Instead of a veil, I found a great comb on Etsy from Lottie-Da Designs. It’s elegant and goes well with my dress; it also has a piece of Russian netting on it, so I still have veil sort of accent. When my hair stylist did a practice run on my hair a few weeks ago and put the comb in, it turned out even better than I thought it would look. I’m so excited to put everything together in a little over a month!

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP