Bride Blogger Nicole: The Rehearsal Dinner

>> Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ryan and I have been talking about where we would like to have our rehearsal dinner. We are huge fans of Fireworks, so I called them and they don't take reservations on Fridays or Saturdays. We were pretty bummed about that because it's right down the road from our church, and the food is awesome! But we thought of a few more places and called them also.

One of them was Famous Daves, something low-key and fun. However, they don't have room for our group, which is about 50, in the actual restaurant. They said they could cater out if we found someplace else to have it. They suggested Pine Lake Golf and Tennis because it's inexpensive and you can bring in your own drinks. I thought that sounded good at first, but then I got to thinking about it and it seemed like more of a hassle to bring in our own drinks,so I decided against that.

I have been to a few reherasal dinners at Lazlo's in the Haymarket and it has always been very nice, so I decided to call them. They have the rehearsal dinners upstairs in your own little area with your own bar, and it's big enough to hold all of us! It will be very convenient for those people staying at Embassy Suites, where we have a block of rooms, and for me as well since I'll probably also stay there the night before the wedding. We get to choose 3 dishes from Lazlo's catering menu and have our guests RSVP which they would like to have and it's all ready to go when we get there. It will also be a great place to hand out gifts to our attendants and others involved in the wedding, to make toasts, and to show our appreciation to everyone without having to shout over people in the restaurant. I think it will be perfect!

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP