Bride Blogger Nicole: Hair and Makeup

>> Thursday, August 19, 2010

I have been thinking a lot about how I want to wear my hair and do my makeup for the wedding. I really want to look like myself, a little glammed up, but not too fussy - natural and elegant.

I don't wear my hair back very often, so I'm thinking for the wedding I want to wear my hair either all the way down and curly, or do something half back with curls. I have a really long veil so I think having long curls would be so pretty! My hair is a little past my shoulders now, and I'm trying my hardest to make it grow fast! :) If it's not where I want it to be by wedding time, there are always extensions, right?!


I also have seen a lot of really fun hair pieces. If I wear my hair half back I would like to have some kind of hair pieces, like this picture of Jessica Simpson that I found on Google. I like how it's low and loose. How pretty are those pieces in her hair?!

For makeup, I have an advantage because I work at Face Place Spa and we sell bareMinerals. Working at Face Place gives me lots of opportunity to experiment and figure out what will work best for me on the big day. I will definitely wear bareMinerals makeup. It's very lightweight and covers great, and it really does last all day long! I love the idea of purple shades for my eye colors. Nothing too bright, but a nice gray/purple makes my eyes look really blue. I have also thought about just doing neutral browns with a soft gold.

I get to try my dress on at David's Bridal on September 15th, so I hope to do my hair and makeup similar to what I am thinking for the wedding, so I can see the whole look together and make adjustments if necessary!

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP