Bride Blogger Nicole: The Dress has arrived!

>> Thursday, August 5, 2010

I received a wonderful surprise last Saturday morning. I checked my email, and there was an email from David's Bridal that said my dress had come in! I had only ordered it 3 weeks ago, so I really thought it was a mistake, because they told me it wouldn't be here until October 4th. I called them, and sure enough, it was my dress! I made an appointment for the next day, and on Sunday went and tried it on. To say I was excited is an understatement!

When I got there and put the dress on, it was just as perfect as I had remembered. The sample that I tried on when I ordered it was ivory, and I ordered it in white, so I was a little nervous to see if I would like it as well. However, I liked it even better. I really wish I could put a picture of it up with this post, but I want to keep it surprise. I can't wait until the big day when I finally get to wear it!

I went back on Tuesday for an alterations appointment. The only thing that needs to be done to the dress is the hem needs brought up slightly, and a bustle needs to be put in. I also bought my shoes and undergaments since I was there, and I'm having my shoes dyed to the color of my bridesmaid's dresses. Here is a picture of my shoes.
I go back for another fitting on September 15th and the alterations will be done, the dress will be pressed, and my shoes will be dyed, so I'll get to try on the whole look, minus the jewelry. Can't wait!

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP