Bride Blogger

>> Thursday, February 11, 2010


Planning a wedding is at times like being in the Army.  You’re constantly on the hunt for something.  Who do I talk to?  Where can I find this?  Do I have enough supplies?  Will my rations hold out?  Who can I delegate this to?  Will this mission be a success?!

To give a SITREP (situation report), the Operation Wedded Bliss is green on all counts and the commander (myself) is still somewhat sane.

What has been accomplished in a the time period of ONE month:
·         Engagement Announcement to local newspaper…that would be a go for 14 Feb.
·         Save-The-Dates made and mailed…thank you to my soon-to-be sister-in-law, Lisa!
·         Ceremony Venue booked…at the gorgeous St. Vincent de Paul Church.
·         Reception Venue booked…the Qwest Center has a wonderful point of contact, Abby Johnson, who was more than helpful.  I am so excited to work with her!
·         Dress found…I won’t divulge it here but I can say that it’s breathtaking, white, and strapless with absolutely no adornment.  I love it!
·         Rehearsal Dinner Venue booked…the party will be at the Upstream’s downtown location.  My fiancé is looking forward to the locally brewed beer.
·         Photographer found…so thrilled to be working with Toby from Toberlin Photography!  He is being so accommodating and helpful.  Both Mark and I loved his work and can’t wait to see how he captures our wedding day.
·         Bridal party made…and it’s going to be quite the party!  My only brother, Taylor, is going to be my Man of Honor to mix it up a bit.  All the bridesmaids are choosing their own dresses (short and black) but keeping with the theme I gave them. 
·         Baker booked…JoEllen Simon from Simply Elegant Wedding Cakes is going to making my dream come true.  My maid of honor, Karen, found this stunning cake in Real Simple Weddings.

There is still so much to do, though!  All the “big” things have been conquered; now it’s a matter of the details.  What am I in the hunt for currently?  Shoes and a veil.  I am scouring the Internet in search of a pair of 4+ inch yellow heels and a birdcage veil or feather hair clip.   Operation Wedded Bliss commences in 101 days!  I better be ready!
-Kayley

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP