Bride Blogger Kayley

>> Thursday, February 25, 2010

I found my wedding shoes this past weekend. They are 4 ½ inches of pure bliss on my feet. Although they’re not yellow as I had originally intended, they are definitely my “Hello, Lover” shoes. I’ve been wearing them around the house because I hate to see them lie so lonely in their box. Thank you Badgley Mischka!

As much joy as my beautiful shoes bring, sometimes life doesn’t hand but rather dumps lemons on you. I found out yesterday that my fiancé, Mark, is being moved to Dubai. In three weeks.

For someone who rarely cries, the tears have been flowing non-stop. Two hours sleep on the couch and I was back at work, trying desperately to think of anything but this. Every second that I have been with Mark has felt perfect, now it feels like everything is being yanked away. I know I need to be positive, to see some good in this, but it’s difficult. It’s painful. It hurts.
Part of loving someone as deeply as I love Mark is wanting them to succeed and be happy. I want Mark to take this opportunity and learn everything he can. I see his potential and it’s become apparent that so does his boss. Is it selfish of me to struggle at finding joy in the situation?
I fly back today for my first bridal shower with friends. I plan on drinking copious amounts of mimosas. Come to think of it, I’ll take those lemons, trade them in for oranges, make my mimosa, raise my glass, and tell life to bring it.
The journey may be rough but at least I have some fabulous heels to help me along the way.

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP