Meet Morgan, our newest bride blogger!

>> Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A little bit about us: Jonathan and I have been dating since 8th grade. We went to separate schools throughout high school, and have thoroughly enjoyed living in the same city for college. We are both current students at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln pursuing a Business degree. Jon proposed this summer in front of a castle while we were in Germany visiting Steve, a foreign exchange student that lived with Jon and his family during our Junior year in high school. It was so beautiful! (see photos below).

Wedding Planning has been exciting thus far! We have got the major vendors booked for August 6, 2011 including: Church (Messiah Lutheran in Lincoln), Reception Hall (Grand Manse), Caterer (HyVee), Bakery (A lady from Hampton - Jon's hometown- is doing our cake), Photography (Shane and Sunny). Our next step is to book a DJ, musicians for the ceremony, and florist which we have contacted already.

Last weekend I found my dress at J'Maries! Megan, the representative, was VERY helpful--she really connected with what I was looking for and helped me find the dress of my dreams! Unfortunately, I can't post a picture or Jon might see it. :) All I can say is that it is beautiful and captures my personality perfectly.

We also picked out bridesmaid dresses together (see photo below -- the dress is that color, but the belt/bow will be black not navy) as well as tuxedos for Jon, his groomsmen, the dads, ushers and ring bearers. We had a successful weekend to say the least!
Our colors are violet purple and apple green. Jon and I have been experimenting with centerpieces, and are planning to incorporate apples in them. See pictures below of the different ideas we are playing around with, and feel free to let us know any thoughts/ideas!
Until next time,
Morgan

2 comments:

Anonymous November 3, 2010 at 2:12 AM  

... Oh Morgan,
Words fail me.
I cant wait to come to Nebraska for your wedding!!!!

Love you, see you in august!
Nina <3

8weekchallenge November 3, 2010 at 9:21 AM  

Boom!

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP