Bride Blogger Morgan: Dealing with Controversy

>> Tuesday, November 23, 2010

This week I was faced with my first taste of wedding stress. On Wednesday I headed to show my final bridesmaid her dress before the deposits were due. When I walked in, they told me that a size 4 sample of my exact wedding dress came in. I was ecstatic since the original dress I tried on was too big for me. When I got into the dress and the representative zipped me up, it fit perfect. Sounds good thus far right?

1 month earlier......

I said yes to the dress and was so excited! When they sized me they thought I needed a 6, and although I told them I had been in a size 4 that fit perfect, they decided to go with the 6 anyway. When they checked to see if we could get the size changed on my dress, they found out it was too late and gave me two options:

1) Take the size 4 off the rack at full price.

or

2) Take the size 6 when it comes in at full price plus alterations to get it to fit correctly.

I was a bit frustrated that I had to decide on the spot what to do, and I was supposed to leave shortly for work. I ended up telling them to pull the size 4 and I would be there Saturday morning with my mom for us to look over the dress to make sure there wasn't too much wear on it already.

When I arrived, the representative that had been helping me the whole time was there (she wasn't working when I found out my dress was ordered in the wrong size). She was very comforting and presented one more option: Cancel my original order, and replace it with an order for the correct size. My savior! She then told me that the headpiece I had my eyes fixated on a few weeks earlier was 75% off starting that day! In the end, I guess everything happens for a reason. I have a dress currently being made in the correct size along with the headpiece I wanted (similar to the one pictured below)!

All in all, I learned a very valuable lesson--don't let the stress get to you too much. It will all work out in the end, and your wedding day will be exactly how you imagined it to be.

Until next time,
Morgan

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP