Bride Blogger Kayley: The Good and the Bad

>> Thursday, April 8, 2010

I’ll begin with the good…


In the past week I have discovered two vendors on Etsy that went above and beyond when it comes to customer service. These two women were so accommodating and helpful! Their creations are going to add such lovely details to my quickly approaching wedding. Who are they?

Meet Kristin from Weddings by Kristin. I found her DIY Door Hanger project on another wedding blog, visited her Etsy shop, and saw the door hangers I had fallen for were sold out! No! I messaged her and she offered to make me as many as I needed anyway. I should mention she is also getting married on May 22nd so you know she has her hands are full! I received my door hangers in the mail yesterday. (After finding the package set atop the mailboxes in my building - come on, US Postal Service, let’s be nice to me for just one day, please.) They are so cute and just what I wanted. Thank you Kristin!

The other Ms. Fabulous is Hilary, also found on Etsy. I again found her on a wedding blog and contacted her about a custom cake topper for my lemon wedding cake. I shared with her my ideas and she promptly sent me a sketch and created a reserved listing. This all took place in the matter of a couple days! She is now working on the cake topper and will have it in the mail with plenty of time to spare. The rest of her shop is adorable and filled with creative ideas. If you don’t see something that suits you, message her and ask what she can come up with. I loved working with her. Thank you, Hilary!

Sketch of the cake topper I ordered:
Now the not so good…
I realize that I’m in a time crunch when it comes to the wedding. It’s only 44 days away! It doesn’t help that I live in Houston and am not in Omaha to meet with my vendors all the time. I contacted just about every limousine company in the Omaha metro asking for quotes. Only two replied back. My dad placed a reservation request with one company, and I received an email from them this morning confirming details such as would I like champagne, can I confirm the times, and would I prefer a black Suburban or a white Expedition limo.

Excited, I replied back and was told that the reservation was being booked. Great! One less thing to worry about - or so I thought. An hour later the representative I’d been working with tells me she didn’t check their books before making my reservation and both vehicles have already been booked for that day and time. Thank you, She-Who-Will-Not-Be-Named, for not only making one big sales mistake (not actually having the product the customer wants) but also not providing me with any other options. Yes, I’m a little frustrated…

Other things I need to get off my over-stressed-soon-to-be-married mind: I wish that a couple of my vendors would return my emails and phone calls, that my family members would RSVP, that American Airlines would recognize that my address is legit so I can get my miles for flying to and from Spain, that the US Postal Service would stop being such a pain in the you-know-what, etc.

As much as I would like to make this sound all rainbows and butterflies, planning a wedding in a short amount of time has its moments when you just want to scream. That’s the reality. A lot of the process is fun (trying on a dress, buying the shoes, planning the honeymoon) and other parts (working with difficult people, dealing with invitations, etc.) make me realize I’m glad I’m only doing this once.

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP