Bride Blogger Kayley: Bridesmaid Love!

>> Thursday, April 15, 2010

The wedding stress is getting to me; I am now down to the weight I was when I had my tonsils out! It doesn't help that my Type A personality has no idea what the meaning of the word 'relax' means. Thank goodness I have my girlfriends to keep me smiling.

When it came to choosing bridesmaids, I already knew who to call. My core group of girls were ready for the challenge! Karen, my Maid of Honor, has been my best friend since 8th grade. Our last names led to us being seated next to each other in English class and from that moment one it's been nothing but laughter ever since. Kara, Kristin, and Sam are my bridesmaids and each hold a special place in my heart. Kara was my partner in crime when we studied abroad together in Mexico and became my roommate for the remainder of our college years. Kristin, whom I met through Kara, has been there through some of my wilder adventures (and will never share them with Mark) and is one of the funniest people I know. Sam is my Twin (we looked so similar throughout high school) and my soccer buddy. She has a heart of gold and has always been there to offer a kind word or share clothes with me.

I cannot wait to see all my girls next month! They have decided to throw me a bachelorette party with a Sex & The City theme! I am so excited not only to dress up (I am a total Carrie!), drink oh-so-posh Cosmos, but to also enjoy one good night of girly revelry before I become a married woman.

Having a support system of strong women you can depend on is something that can never be replaced by a future husband. My girls get me in a way only they can. I love them for the women they've become and the friends they've always been. So take a moment and tell your bridesmaids how special they are to you. They deserve it.
-Kayley

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP