Bride Blogger: Kayley

>> Thursday, March 18, 2010

After some Army Intel training, I’m finally back to the civilian world of high heels and being able to wear my hair down. It feels fantastic! What else feels fantastic? My fiancé Mark is not being sent to Dubai after all! His bosses have decided to send someone else instead and keep him here in Houston. Thank you so much to all those who sent me such encouraging and hopeful messages! I was quite overcome with your sincere, kind words.

In other news, Operation Wedded Bliss takes off in 65 days! Oh my goodness, I am beyond excited! There is so much to be done between now and May 22nd but I’m finding that being resourceful is allowing me to check many items off my to-do lists.

Tidbits:
-I found this amazing site: adorn.com, a legit diamond jewelry rental website! One of my coworkers used it for her wedding and recommended it to me. I signed up and emailed a style consultant (What a fun job title?!) who promptly replied back. She asked me what my dress looked like and recommended jewelry to go with. Being the total girly-girl that I am, I love diamonds and found a pair of earrings that I’ll be wearing on my wedding day! With my military discount, I’ll be renting them for a little over $200. Over 4 carats of twinkling goodness on my ears! If you can, ask for Nadine. She’s excellent!

-For a couple years now, my favorite website for finding unique gifts and odds and ends has been etsy.com. In my search for an alternative to a guestbook, I came across this seller. I absolutely adore this idea of having a Rolodex-like guest book. How unique and creative! I thought about making one myself but then who am I kidding? I am not the DIY kind of girl.
-I follow all sorts of wedding blogs to get inspiration. I came across one called weddingbee.com. In the Classified section I found a photographer in Dallas who is updating her portfolio to all digital and needed couples to take pictures of. For free. I emailed her immediately after reviewing her blog and website. Originally, Mark and I were not going to have engagement pictures taken because of costs. As it turns out, we’ll have beautiful pictures of the two of us in all our pre-wedded bliss! I am so excited to drive up to Dallas for this (it’s next weekend) and at the same time visit family in Dallas and Keller!

What I have to tackle for next week: sending out the invitations and planning the honeymoon! Wish me luck!

-Kayley

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP