Bride Blogger Kayley: Invitations and Honeymoon Plans

>> Thursday, March 25, 2010

Less than two months to go!

My future sister-in-law graciously offered up her creative talents and made the wedding invitations. They are so amazing! Mark and I share the same taste and that means the simpler, the better. I love how crisp the invites are, how everything pops but is still elegant. I came across these King and Queen of Hearts stamps at the post office and spent a small fortune on them. They proved to be the not-the-norm wedding stamp and a clever little detail. I was so proud of myself for having a Queen of Hearts of the outside envelope and a King of Hearts on the RSVP envelope. So cute!

The final result!


The sad part: the US Postal Service is holding some of them hostage! I literally had to pace back and forth in my kitchen because I was so peeved. Some invitations were mailed to their destinations no problem, others were told they needed MORE postage. My take, the Postal Service is on a power trip. I am not the least bit pleased.

What else was tackled last week? The honeymoon! Mark and I toyed with the idea of going to Tulum, Mexico. Not only is it gorgeous but also off the beaten path from Cancun or Cozumel. Since I put Mark in charge of all honeymoon planning, he surprised me with the news that he found $617/person tickets to Barcelona. What?! I did a little jig in my cubicle in celebration. We purchased them immediately! I cannot wait to spend nine glorious days driving up and down the coast of Spain, visiting vineyards and beaches. Ever since my first Spanish class in 7th grade, it’s been a dream of mine to go to Spain. So exciting! Sorry Tulum, maybe another time.

-Kayley

1 comments:

Unknown March 26, 2010 at 8:50 PM  

Great minds think a like! I got those same stamps! :)

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP