Bride Blogger Bailey-Planning Stress and Honeymoon Excitement!

>> Tuesday, March 2, 2010

From day one, I have entered the wedding planning process saying, "I don't know how this works! Where do I start? What do I do?" This was my disclaimer as I began looking at wedding venues and talking with vendors. We all go into the wedding planning process for the first time, and hopefully the only time, with a bit of confusion and unfamiliarity.

Thankfully this is what the vendors do for a living and why they are the professionals. The vendors are comfortable, relaxed, and positive things will get done by the day of your wedding. But from a bride's perspective, I think sometimes there is some disconnect between the lost bride and the relaxed professional. This is not to say anything against any vendor but just a reminder to cut us (the bride) some slack.

If we seem overly eager with details, we just don't know any better. If we seem confused, we are. And for my type A personality, give me a heads up. It's helpful to know if we need to meet once or twenty times. Let me know what you need from me and what your expectations are of me. This is my first time being a bride, so I really don't know what I'm doing! :-)

On a different note, I made it Evan's job to do the research and find us a good honeymoon spot. After he showed me quite a few different options, we finally picked Jamaica! We decided to do a Sandals all-inclusive resort. It's in Montego Bay and is called the Whitehouse Sandals Resort! Can't wait! Here are a few photos of the fabulous place we'll be staying!

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP