Bride Blogger Amanda: The Big Day!

>> Tuesday, October 12, 2010

When I woke up the morning of my wedding and saw that it was pouring rain, I’ll admit I was a little disappointed, but I wasn’t too worried. I was just excited to get this show on the road that had been 16 months in the making! And I kept my fingers crossed that the weather would clear up.

Photo by C & J Photography
No such luck. I wasn’t going to let it get me down, though! John, my soon-to-be-husband, was already on it, heading to the store to pick up some fun umbrellas for the wedding party to use in pictures and to and from the ceremony and reception sites. He found these adorable umbrellas that said “love” on them, and we knew they’d be perfect if we needed them.

I had such a great time getting ready with my bridesmaids, and I could not have asked for a better personal attendant. All these ladies helped calm my nerves, helped me look my best and helped me kick off my celebration in the best way possible – champagne and Frank Sinatra!

It was still raining when we headed to the church, but the fabulous hotel shuttle driver along with my family helped make sure my dress and I stayed picture ready! From there, it was a blur. Pictures. Flowers (which turned out amazing!). Anticipation. Music. Vows. Rings. Unity candle (which we couldn’t get lit, until John’s aunt came to the rescue!). And then: Mr. and Mrs. John and Amanda Sullivan.

Everything was simply beautiful from the flowers to the music. We made sure to add several personal touches – for instance, John and I chose some untraditional wedding music instead of playing the same old music typically heard at weddings. I walked down the aisle to “Con Te Partiro” – an amazing Italian tune made famous by Andrea Bocelli. Actually, John and I walked down most of the aisle together, which was another way we made our ceremony our own. My brother took me halfway, and then I met John and we walked the rest of the way together. I’m so glad we decided to do the processional that way. It truly was our wedding, and I’ll never forget it.

Check back tomorrow to read about the reception!

0 comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP